By Jenny Jiménez on January 7, 2019
Happy New Year Ladies! I’m excited for the new year and hope you are too. I took two weeks off blogging to spend time with my children. As a single mom who works full-time I spend 60 hours a week devoted to work. That includes my long commutes each day. Family has always been a priority for me and part of setting goals is knowing how to prioritize properly. Before I get started, don’t you think this is the cutest family picture? I do, but I guess you could say I’m bias. LOL 😉 #ProudMama
Don’t forget to subscribe to my blog below and to the right before you go so you’ll be the first to know when I post! AND follow me on Instagram and Facebook.
Each new year brings goal setting and resolutions to most people. While setting goals is excellent, it should not be reserved until one time each year. People who are successful in life set goals frequently throughout the year and stick to them. They don’t need a specific date to do this. To help you stay on track, not just in January but throughout all of 2019, I’ve put together the list to get you started.
5 TIPS TO SETTING REALISTIC GOALS FOR 2019:
1. DON’T WAIT TO START A GOAL. Today is as good as any other day to get started. Why wait. Motivated people don’t wait for a specific date. Don’t say I’ll start tomorrow, or next Monday, or even next month. Instead, take that leap and start today.
“Don’t wait. The time will never be just right.” – Napolean Hill
2. BE REALISTIC WITH YOUR GOALS. Is it actually something you can achieve or have you set yourself up for failure before you even get started? Consider that when thinking about your goals. Don’t try and set goals that are not possible for you to complete without some sort of divine intervention. Remember, the ultimate goal here is success.
3. SET DEADLINES. Hold yourself accountable by assigning dates. Deadlines help keep us focused. You are less likely to keep avoiding something if you know the dateline is approaching quickly. Again be realistic when setting a deadline. Don’t create this large goal and think you are going to accomplish it in a few weeks, or even a month.
4. START SMALL THEN WORK YOUR WAY UP. Don’t say to yourself, ‘I’m going to lose 50 pounds in a month’. That is unrealistic for anyone. Start small. Like a car, you don’t just start at 100 mph, no the car needs to work it’s way up. You should start by saying, I’m want to lose 5 pounds in this amount of weeks. Then depending on how that works out you can make adjustments and say, okay that went well so I would like to lose 7 pounds in this many weeks or months.
5. REVIEW AND MAKE ADJUSTMENTS. Good goals (like budget)setting requires you to review your goals and make adjustments as necessary. We all know that things pop up and cause interruptions but do not let this discourage you. Simply make some changes and stay focused on your goals. Great things require work. You’ll have to put work to accomplish your goals however following these tips, I’m sure you’ll come out successful on the other end.
This what I use for my monthly goal setting.
To help keep you on track, I’ve put together these FREE PRINTOUT to get you started. Do one month at a time, then at the end of the month, as you review and adjust, write out your goals for the following month.
Stay tuned to future blog posts by subscribing to my blog below and to the right so you’ll be the first to know when I post!
If you would like to recommend a specific topic for a future post or just have comments, feel free to reach out to me.
Happy Goal Setting! See you next week 🙂
The post 2019 – New Year, Realistic Goals appeared first on Tenacious Jenny Jiménez.
You must be logged in to post a comment.